Cancer is a disease of overgrowing cells that can affect anyone. Cells lose their ability to regulate growth and divide rapidly causing DNA mistakes.
According to the American Cancer Society, 50% of men and 33% of women will develop cancer. 200 different types of cancer exist, and it spreads through lymphatic & circulatory systems.
Cancer can become a chronic condition and deeply affects the body – mind – spirit of those it strikes. Treatments create side effects, and cancer drugs and therapies are hard to endure for the patient and family.
CHANGE TO CANNABIS & CANCER
How Cannabis Can Help
Cannabinoids activate CB1 & CB2 receptors, reprogramming cells to kill tumors. CB2 receptor expression is increased with cancer. Angiogenesis is inhibited, disallowing nutrients by shutting down the VEGF vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) pathway. Metastasis or proliferation is limited. Palliative measures reduce nausea and vomiting, promote sleep, reduce pain and anxiety, and stimulate appetite.
Want to learn more about
Cancer & Cannabis
Check out our Patient Program
- National Cancer Institute, Cancer Pain - Patient Version
- National Cancer Institute, Symptoms of Cancer
- American Cancer Society, Understanding Your Diagnosis
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology, New Technology Extends Therapeutic Effects of Medical Cannabis
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Cannabinoid Research
- American Association for Cancer Research, Cannabinoids Inhibit the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Pathway in Gliomas
- Cancer Research UK, Cannabis, cannabinoids and cancer – the evidence so far